Saturday, July 17, 2010

Los examenes finales - Final exams

Finals, finals, finals:


Believe it or not, this experience did come with some academics as well! And let me tell you, it was a lot. Granted, it’s obvious I picked up the “Spanish lifestyle” for the semester and definitely put things off until the last minute, which I do regret, but the workload was a lot even if I would have started things earlier. I think I probably learned the most academically the last 3 weeks of classes before my finals, when I was literally cramming to read, analyze, and memorize 50 short Spanish stories, cram out the 15 page research paper, a few presentations, other papers, and teach myself the entire subject of International Finance (which is clearly the subject I waited far too long to start paying attention in). Academics in Spain taught me a lot. Carmela and Megan, two of my close friends in Murcia, and myself had to endure one of the most intense classes we will ever have to take, mostly because our teacher yelled at us, made fun of us, used cuss words, and generally made us feel like royal idiots. Ironically, it’s the only class that has posted grades for and despite his lecture about how all of us are failing, us Americans actually passed! Hoping for the best for the other classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment